All Purpose Balm
This all-purpose healing balm has become a staple in my medicine cabinet. It’s made up of simple ingredients like coconut oil, olive oil, pure essential oils, and a splash of vitamin E to create an natural balm with Neosporin-like properties. A balm with essential olils that are known to protect, disinfect and moisturise!
Coconut oil is a natural moisturiser as well as antibacterial. Olive oil has antioxidants and other anti-inflammatory properties. Lavender essential oil is your skin’s best friend. Not only does it calm the senses, it also has amazing healing properties as a tissue restorative. Lemon essential oil cleanses and disinfects with fragrant antiseptic qualities. And finally, Tea Tree essential oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal!
Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cera alba (Beeswax), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus medica limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil and Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
Although this salve was originally made to treat my rough egg washing hands, there are so many different ways to use it.
Here’s a few ideas to get you started!
1. Hand moisturiser for extremely dry skin. (It’s a gardener’s best friend!)
2. Treating dry, cracked heels and crusty elbows.
3. An all-purpose moisturiser for dryer climates.
4. Soothes and heals chapped lips or any chapped skin.
5. Soothes welts, burns, insect bites, and bee stings!
6. Great for diaper rash.
7. Keep your dogs in mind! Treat sunburned noses, cuts, heat spots, and post surgical wounds. The taste of Lavender and Tea Tree will keep your dogs from licking at their wounds. (A word of caution: not suitable for use on cats as they are highly sensitive to essential oils.) We also use it on our sheep!
8. Antiseptic, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties make it great for cuts, scrapes and post-wound care for kids and adults!
9. Wonderful for elderly folks and their thin, fragile skin.
10. Great for scaly scalp!
11. A go-to treatment for eczema breakouts.
12. Hand sanitizer and moisturizer in one!
Store in a cool dry place